Photo credit: Annie Archambault
Preparation: 20 min | Baking: 10 min | Portions: 4
- 16 oz flank steak, cut into 4 pieces
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 large or 6 small tortillas
- ½ cucumber, cut into sticks
- 185g Oriental bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- Fresh cilantro
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients for the marinade and place beef. Refrigerate for 6 hours or more.
- In a ridged skillet or on the barbecue grill, grill the meat on each side to desired doneness. Allow to cool and slice into thin strips.
- Mix all ingredients for the peanut sauce and heat in a microwave oven for about five minutes. Mix until fully blended. Allow to cool.
- Spread tortillas on a work surface. Brush them with the sauce. Arrange the beef, cucumber, bean sprouts, peanuts and cilantro along the right side of the tortillas. Roll tightly and cover individually with parchment paper. Close roll like a papillote and cut in half.