Photo credit: Annie Archambault
Preparation: 20 min | Baking: 150 min | Portions: 4
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 boxes (28 oz) Italian seasonned cubed tomatoes
- 1 box (5oz) italian tomato paste
- 4 teaspoons cutted leaves of basil
- 3 leaves dryed origano
- 2 teaspoons thyme flakes
- 2 tablespoons origano flakes
- 4 teaspoons rosemary flakes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- 454 g Oriental Bean sprouts
- 3 medium sized zucchini courgettes
- chilli peppers to taste
- 2 c. à thé rosemary flakes
- 2 c. à thé origano flakes
- 2 c. à thé basil flakes
- ¼ tasse italienne breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 c. à soupe parmesan cheese
- 454 g Ground beef
- 1 c. à thé Steak spices
- In a high heat pot, cook the onions.
- Add the tomatoes boxes, flake spices and in leaves, salt, sugar and mix and bring down the heat to low.
- Cook slowly and mix every now and then for 45 minutes.
- Mix the sauce with a hand blender until the texture is homogenious. Add the tomato paste.
- In a bowl, place all the ingredient for the meatballs. Mix with your hands. Form 8 large meatballs or 16 small ones.
- Place the meatballs in the sauce and cook for an hour and a half.
- 3 minutes before serving time, cook the bean sprouts in a wok on medium heat until the bean sprouts are hot and crispy. Mix it all together and serve.