Photo credit: Annie Archambault
Pineapple and Chicken Salad
Preparation: 20 min | Baking: 10 min | Portions: 4
- 454 g chicken breasts, cut into strips
- juice of 1 lime
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- ½ pineapple, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 370g Oriental bean sprouts
- ½ orange, sliced
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- In a bowl, marinate chicken with lime juice and Tabasco sauce (to taste) for 20 minutes. Drain well.
- In a frying pan, heat oil and sauté chicken over high heat. If necessary, drain juice from pan. Salt as desired. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk salad dressing ingredients.
- Add all salad ingredients and chicken to the dressing. Serve cold.