Photo credit: Annie Archambault
Crunchy Oriental Vegetable and Noodle Salad
Preparation: 10 min | Baking: 30 min | Portions: 4
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- ½ package rice noodles
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and cut into small cubes
- 4 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 12 radishes, each cut into six pieces
- 185g Oriental bean sprouts
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts
- In a bowl, mix all salad dressing ingredients.
- Place rice noodles in a large bowl and cover with cold water. Allow them to soak for 30 minutes or until very soft. Drain.
- In a salad bowl, place noodles, chicken cubes and vegetables. Add salad dressing and mix to coat ingredients. Just before serving, garnish with peanuts.
* You can prepare this salad in advance. It will keep refrigerated for up to 2 days.