Photo credit: Annie Archambault
Chicken & Vegetables Sauteed
Preparation: 30 min | Baking: 8 min | Portions: 4
- 14 oz chicken thighs or breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil (optional)
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup small cauliflower florets, blanched
- 1 cup small broccoli florets, blanched
- 185g Oriental bean sprouts
- ⅓ cup canned water chestnut, sliced
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a wok or large frying pan, sauté the chicken broth in half the canola oil and sesame oil over high heat. Add salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In the same wok, sauté green onions, garlic and pepper in the remaining oil for about two minutes. Add remaining vegetables and sauté over high heat for about two minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients. Add to the al dente vegetables, mixing until sauce thickens. Add the chicken, stir and serve.