Photo credit: Annie Archambault
Black bean pasta and vegan pesto sauce
Preparation: 20 min | Baking: 30 min | Portions: 4
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 cup of leeks chopped
- 1 red pepper
- 1 1/2 Cup of precooked white kidney beans
- 2 tbsp of Vegan Pesto (Herbs 2) from Hydro Culture
- 2 tbsp of Olive Oil
- In a skillet over medium heat, fry 1/2 diced red onion, 1 cup chopped leek and 1 cup of diced red bell pepper. Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Cook pasta according to instructions on the box.
- Reduce heat to low and add 1 1/2 cups of pre-cooked white beans and black bean pasta.
- For the sauce, mix 2 tbsp. of Hydro Culture Vegan Pesto (Herbs2) with 2 tbsp. of olive oil. Toss with pasta.