Bean sprouts are vegetables that are little-known in Western cuisine. They are often used in Asian dishes such as the traditional Chop Suey dish.
Bean sprouts can be used in most of the dishes you cook daily: spaghetti, salad, vegetable stir-fry dishes and so much more.
Here’s a look at why it’s a good idea to add sprouts to your daily menu.
- They help reduce cholesterol levels when eaten every day. They are ideal for people with high cholesterol levels.
- They help prevent cancer, and more specifically, breast cancer.
- Bean sprouts are low in sugar, which is good for everyone. One study concluded that after having eaten bean sprouts every day for five weeks, people with type 2 diabetes saw their blood sugar levels drop.
- They are high in fibre, which helps you stay full.
- They are very good for people who want to lose weight since they are low in calories, high in fibre, low in cholesterol and high in protein.
- They provide high vitamin C intake. Vitamin C is a natural antioxidant and provides good eye health.
- They have a high concentration of iron, which is excellent for people with anemia.
Where to find us?
Our Oriental bean sprouts are in all supermarkets near you in Quebec (Super C, Maxi, Provigo, Métro, Wal-Mart) and online at Lufa Farms.
Our Oriental biologic bean sprouts are only available at IGA, Metro and Rachelle Berry.
You will find us mainly in bags like these presented.
You will also find us in-store packaging at IGA and Metro.
We deploy a lot of energy to market the bags rather than in-store packaging. So we can guarantee that our factory safety will be up to your home.
- 5 health benefits of mung beans by sequoia
- Nutritional and health benefits of green mung beans