Photo credit: Annie Archambault
A delight, these meatballs !
Preparation: 10 min | Baking: 45 min | Portions: 8
- ½ cup (125 ml) italian breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of water
- 1 small oignon finely chopped
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of fresh coriander chopped
- ¼ cup (60 ml) of soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of fresh ginger, pelled and chopped
- ½ teaspoon (2 ml) of tabasco sauce
- 1 lb (454 g) of chopped beef
- 1 lb (454 g) of chopped pork
- 2 cups (500 ml) of beef broth
- 2 tablespoon (30 ml) of honey
- 8 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 box (14oz/398ml) of water chestnuts, slices and drained
- 2 carrots, cut in cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) of cornstarch
- 370 g of Oriental bean sprouts
- Preheat the oven at 375°F(190°C).
- In a large bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, water, onion, egg with half of the coriander, soy sauce, ginger and tabasco sauce. Add the beef and chopped pork and mix with your hands. Prepare meatballs that are around an inch (2.5 cm) of diameter.
- Put the meatballs on a cooking plate with some aluminium foil. Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- In a metal casserole, place the meatballs,add the beef broth, honey, garlic,water chestnuts,carrots and salt and pepper. Cook in oven for 30 minutes at 350°F(180°C).
- With a skimmer, take the meatballs out from the casserole and place on a service plate.Keep warm. With a spoon, mix the sauce so that it is homogeneous. Put the sauce on a stove at medium-high.
- In a small bowl, with a whip, put the cornstarch and the rest of the soy sauce in the sauce stove. Cook and mix regularly, until the sauce has a thick consistency. Verse on the meatballs.
- Serve on a bean sprouts bed and place the rest of the coriander on top.