Photo credit: Annie Archambault
Green Apple, Cranberry and Cheddar Salad
Preparation: 15 min | Portions: 2
- 1 green apple, unpeeled and thinly sliced
- 185g Oriental bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons crushed pistachios
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup baby arugula
- ¼ cup sharp cheddar, crumbled
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1½ teaspoons lime juice
- 4 teaspoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toss the apple, bean sprouts, pistachios, dried cranberries and parsley in a salad bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix all salad dressing ingredients together and then pour onto the salad. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Form a bed of baby arugula on two plates. Place the salad on the arugula and sprinkle with cheddar. Serve.