Photo credit: Annie Archambault
Preparation: 15 min | Baking: 20 min | Portions: 4
- 2 cups (500 ml) of water
- 1 cup (250 ml) of long grain rice
- ½ teaspoon (2 ml) of salt
- ½ cup(125 ml) of soya sauce
- spray of vegetable oil
- 8 eggs gently beaten
- ¼ cup (60 ml) sliced green onion
- ¼ cup of chopped red onion
- 185g Oriental Bean Sprouts
- In a pot, bring water to ebulition. Add rice, water and salt, mix. Bring the heat to low intensity. Cover and leave there for 20 minutes until water is fully absorbed by the rice that should now be tender.
- While the rice is cooking, in a bowl, mix the plum sauce,the soy sauce and the sesame oil if desired. Keep aside.
- In a large pan with a non-sticky surface going into the oven, heat the vegetable oil on medium heat. Add the eggs, green onion and the red pepper and cook without mixing for 4 minutes. Cook on broil for 2 minutes until the eggs are cooked. Sprinkle with bean sprouts. Serve with the cooked rice and the sauce.
- In order to accelerate the process, the rice can be done in the microwave. Maximum intensity for 8 minutes then medium intensity for 6 minutes.