Photo credit: Annie Archambault
Beef & Beans Sprouts
Preparation: 25 min | Baking: 15 min | Portions: 2
- 370g Oriental bean sprouts
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 10 oz rib eye or strip loin beef, cut in ¾-in. strips
- 1¾ teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- ⅔ cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place sesame seeds into a small frying pan and grill on medium heat until toasted.
- In a large frying pan, sear the meat strips over high heat, stirring occasionally, until browned. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then remove meat from the pan and place on a preheated plate. Keep warm.
- In the same frying pan, sauté the green onions and garlic for one minute over medium heat. Add bean sprouts and continue to cook four to five minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, mix the chicken broth, soy sauce and cornstarch in a small bowl. Add the cooked vegetables. Bring to a boil and stir for one minute.
- Return meat to the frying pan and add the accumulated gravy. Cook for one minute while stirring, until the meat is hot. Remove pan from heat and add sesame oil and sesame seeds. Serve