Photo credit: Annie Archambault
Preparation: 30 min | Baking: 10 min | Portions: 4
- 3 bok choy stalks
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 16 oz Nordic shrimp or chicken strips, cooked
- ¼ 454 g package of rice noodles
- 185g Oriental bean sprouts
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley, ch
- Chop the greenest part of the bok choy, and cut the thick white part lengthwise into three. Set aside.
- In a sauce pan, bring the chicken broth, garlic, soy sauce, lime juice, ginger, green onions, mushrooms and bok choy to a boil.
- Cover and simmer until bok choy is tender.
- Add the shrimp, rice noodles and bean sprouts. Allow to simmer gently for two to three minutes. Garnish each bowl with fresh cilantro and parsley.
- To add crispness, place some raw bean sprouts into the bowls before adding soup.