Photo credit: Annie Archambault
All dressed Omelette
Preparation: 10 min | Baking: 20 min | Portions: 4
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cups mushrooms, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 185g Oriental bean sprouts
- 2 green onions, cut into thin slices
- 8 eggs
- ¼ cup water
- 4 teaspoons butter
- Using a whisk, beat eggs, water, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- In a frying pan, heat 1 teaspoon butter over medium heat and pour in one-quarter of the egg mixture. Cook for about two minutes until the omelette has almost set.
- Add onion, red pepper, mushrooms, bean sprouts and green onions. Use a spatula to flip, and cook for three more minutes until completely set. Repeat these steps with the rest of egg mix and butter to make another three omelettes. Serve hot!